The Shelter to Soldier Canine Ambassador Therapy Team is a group of certified Therapy Dogs, and their dedicated handlers. The goal of these teams is to provide comfort and love to members of the veteran and active duty military community!
Our Canine Ambassadors Impact the community by:
- Attending Veteran/Military Events in Southern California
- Visiting Veteran Homes to meet residents
- Visiting schools to educate children about therapy and service dogs
- Participating in veteran group therapies and events in the community
- Visiting with active duty military and their families
- Attending deployments and homecoming ceremonies
- Visiting Military members in local hospitals (Hospital Dependent)
- Crisis response for military groups affected by loss or trauma
- And More!
The Canine Ambassador program is a unique way for Shelter to Soldier to make a wider impact on the veteran and active duty military community through outreach and providing comfort and love to our amazing service members and their families as a free service.
For more information on becoming a member of the Canine Ambassador Therapy Team, or reserving a Canine Ambassador team for your community event, group, or gathering, contact Tommy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org !
Team Profiles (Coming Soon)
Shelter to Soldier Canine Ambassador: Moose
Shelter to Soldier Canine Ambassador: Kylo
Therapy Dogs International
All Shelter to Soldier Canine Ambassadors have been certified by and operate under the standards of Therapy Dogs International (TDI).
Find out more via the TDI website! https://www.tdi-dog.org/default.aspx